- Director of Pulmonary Integrative Medicine Coastal Pulmonary Associates
Mindfulness Teacher in San Diego, CA
- Medical Director at UC San Diego, Center for Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine (2015-2018)
- Mindfulness Teacher Training, UC San Diego
- Assistant Professor of Medicine Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine at UCSD (2013-2015)
- Fellow, Pulmonary Medicine at UC San Diego (2009-2013)
- Chief Medical Resident, Internal Medicine UC San Diego (2008-2009)
Dr. Ni-Cheng Liang is a mother of two, wife, cancer survivor, pulmonary physician and mindfulness teacher. Dr. Liang is the Director of Pulmonary Integrative Medicine at Coastal Pulmonary Associates affiliated with the Scripps Health Network. She also serves as a Voluntary Assistant Professor of Medicine at the University of California San Diego School of Medicine while volunteering for the UCSD Medical Student-Run Free Clinic for uninsured patients. She attributes allopathic medicine and participating in a clinical trial for saving her life from cancer, but integrative therapies such as mindfulness meditation, acupuncture, and yoga for continuing to maximize her quality of life.
She returned back to medical practice after cancer treatment passionate about promoting physician wellness, and teaching mindfulness to patients, healthcare professionals and their students. She was voted as a San Diego Top Doctor in 2017, 2019 and awarded the 2019 American Lung Association San Diego Lung Health Provider of the Year and Outstanding Mothers Award. She is also the founder of the Mindful Healthcare Collective, an organization that seeks to provide free wellness sessions during the global pandemic.
Watch her American Lung Association Lung Health Provider of the Year Award video here.